Prevent Child Abuse America's Pinwheels for Prevention® campaign is an effort to change the way our nation thinks about prevention and how we can deliver on our commitment to America's children. As the new symbol for child abuse and neglect prevention, the pinwheel is an uplifting reminder of childhood and the bright futures all children deserve.
We are focused on community activities and public policies that prioritize prevention from the start to make sure child abuse and neglect never occur. We want to reinforce the notion that healthy child development serves as a foundation for both community and economic development. With more than 2.3 million pinwheels distributed since April 2008 and pinwheel activities in nearly every state, Pinwheels for Prevention is taking root. Now it's your turn to make a difference.
An individual can:
- Write to your elected officials about the importance of preventing child abuse and neglect.
- Buy pinwheels and plant your own pinwheel garden.
- Talk about prevention in your community.
- Organize a fundraiser to raise awareness.
- Serve on a committee or board.
A local organization can:
- Organize your own Pinwheels for Prevention campaign by buying pinwheels and planting a garden.
- Join Child Abuse Prevention Month activities in April or organize activities in your community
- Incorporate child abuse prevention into your work.
- Discuss child abuse prevention at your conferences and meetings
A corporation can:
- Sell pinwheels or other special pinwheel-themed items in your stores.
- Print messages on your bags or insert bill-stuffer to bring attention to child abuse prevention.
- Invite your employees to show their support by purchasing and displaying pinwheels.
- Create a pinwheel garden on your company's premises.
- Contribute your company's expertise to help us advance this campaign.
- Donate or help buy advertising, or sponsor pinwheel activities, to get the word out.